Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Cannot wait for Monday!

Cody has his only sit-down final yesterday and now has two more take-home finals this week (hence I have time to blog because he is glued to my computer (I have to use his crummy keyboard so if my typing sucks, blame the keyboard)). One is due Friday and the other due on Monday. Then he has a whole week of no school! While I am 100% supportive of him being in school and I think it is the absolute best thing for him and our family - it can be hard at times. I cannot even imagine how people do it with kids. He works 40 + hours a week and then has over 9 hours of class per week at night. Then there are the homework assignments, projects, group meetings, tests, and of course, finals. Heś such a trooper though - more so then even me at times. Heś handling it fabulously and doing so well in the classes, really learning a lot and enjoying the material, but I don´t handle it so great at times - though I´m working on it. Itś hard not to see him as much and it severely limits our ability to travel or go out of town because he can´t miss school - it´s actually easier to miss work then school. Then it´s hard to see him so run down and working so hard, I feel like there should be something I could do to make it easier on him but I can´t do his work or his school. Then I feel guilty since I have it so ¨easy¨ in comparison, so I try to do as much as I can around the house so he doesn´t have to worry about all that but I still feel bad for him. But then he gets to talking about his classes and how much he´s learning and how great they are and how much this is going to help his/our future and all the sacrifices of time together seem worth it. I still can´t wait for Monday for a week off and then finally graduation (though that is no where near). I´m really proud of him though - heś a real trooper with it all. Looking back it makes just going to school full time seem like cake walk - and we thought that was hard!

2 comments:

maxolasersquad said...

I find it very weird you use "heś" instead of "he's." Is it not a pain in the ass to grab the special character?
You should ready my latest blog post, it's pretty much about the same thing.

Missy Raffy said...

Because I´m using Cody´s computer and he has Linux, for some reason thatś the way my ´ turns out by itself. How do I fix this?!!?