Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Word fun.

I love words. I like learning new ones, looking up definitions to old ones and learning new definitions and finding the "right" definition for words I've always used. Some I just like because they sound cool or they are not used often, though they should be. And as days all melt together and are overtaken by the mundane, the most I can hope for is to see a new or fun word once a week or at best, every other day. But today, so far, I've had FOUR. They're all just fun. A newspaper article termed something "quixotic," a blog I read discussed "heuristic" traits, a doctor used "pejorative" in a deposition and another medical record used "ubiquity." Four fun words all in one little day. None of them are exceedingly special, but they're something then the mundane stuff you read all day, every day. I'll take all I can get, okay? :)

No comments: