Monday, May 21, 2007

Another Bonus Mom.

Everyone knows that I call Cody's mom my "Bonus Mom" instead of "Mother-in-Law." One, because I think it fits better and two, because it just sounds nicer. I also call my step-family my "bonus family." So I have a lot of "bonus people" in my life. Well, this weekend I found myself a "St. Louis Bonus Mom."
We went to dinner with our friends Mike and Mina on Friday for Mina's graduation from SLU. I've known Mike for a few years now since we work together and met Mina when him and her started dating last year. They're super nice. Anyway, Mina's mom was at her graduation dinner, naturually so I finally got to meet her. She's fantastic! Most friend's parents you simply tolerate and deal with, but she's wonderful! I could have talked to her all night - but I think everyone wanted to go home because it was getting late (and we had to go to Dude's to participate in his "Pack up My House For Beer" party). :) She's got such good advice and reminds me of Cody's mom because she listens and then offers advice (very honest, well-thought out, intelligent advice) but doesn't tell you what to do - just gives you things to think about in make the decision you have to make. Anyway, it was so nice to meet her and talk to her. And she really gave me some great things to think about - more of which I'll write on later since they are still being pondered. :) So, while it was great to see Mike, Mina and the rest of the crew, it was a special treat to meet her mom!
Also exciting is we get to see my real bonus mom and dad, along with the rest of the bonus family in Wisconsin next weekend for Jessica and Matt's wedding - hope she's not going as nutty as I was a week before the wedding (she's got a much more level head so I'm sure she's doing fine)!

No comments: