Monday, May 07, 2007

Life is good.

Life is really good right now - spring has finally arrived (after four solid days of raining last week - leading to flooding rivers later this week - we'll have to hold our breaths and see how bad that gets) - the wedding is done (I swear life is so much happier now that it's over) - we've been making progress with the house - we've got our lives back and we're enjoying it.
A quick update - I had my first weekend to myself last weekend. Cody and some buddies flew to Detroit to catch the Red Wings game on Saturday - they rented a plane and a friend of a friend flew them up there. I wouldn't have gotten on that tiny plane for all the money in the world - especially since it was raining, but they had a good time. I, on the other hand, stayed here and cleaned our "junk room" - everyone has a "junk drawer" - we have an entire "junk room" - so I purged and sorted, purged and sorted some more- went to The Container Store at least 3 times and hit up 5 different Target's, but got it looking pretty damn nice - I'll post before and after pictures when I finish. I got so much done - and still got to go out with friends and enjoy Cindo de Mayo! :) While I missed Cody, sometimes I really enjoy that alone time where I can just really work and get a ton done - which I did - if I had sat around and done nothing I would have been miserable but since I really kept myself busy and got a lot accomplished it was wonderful - plus I got a lot of really really good thinking in - more on that later.
A few more things to catch up on but I'm in the middle of Harry Potter #2 and it's calling my name - more later! :)

No comments: