Thursday, May 10, 2007

I have a list.

I have a list of blogs to write - things I've been thinking about and mulling over, though have yet to get around to any of them - plus I don't think I ever finished up my "Wedding Updates" section. I'll try to catch up on those shortly. For now, a quick catch-up on life.
I must admit that most of the time Cody and I lead pretty charmed lives. We get to do pretty much whatever we want, whenever we want to do it - we have jobs that are stimulating and challenging but not overly stressful and demanding (normally) - now that we're done with school and really making some dents in all our debt (read: it was mine, now that we're married it's "ours" - poor Cody) we have the means to actually do fun things - we have enough going on in our lives to be fun and exciting and energizing but not so much that we're constantly beat. So we've normally got it pretty good - except this week.
This week has been a bear - you know, sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you. After taking off for the honeymoon and then taking off most of Friday for Detroit, Cody had a TON of time to make up at work (he works 80 hours in 2 weeks - however he wants - but if he gets behind it gets hard to make it all up). Add to that his school schedule and his life was not fun. Making my life not fun. Add to that my work was busy and I have a zillion things around the house (now that the wedding is over my new focus/stress point is getting the house in order - more on that later) and it was a long week. Cody's pay period ends on Thursdays so now his crazy hours are done and assuming I can get a brief done (I'm appealing a case to the Court of Appeals), life will be good again. :)
In more fun news, we're having a PARTY this weekend! The last of our wedding festivites - first it was the engagement party, then the showers, then the bachelor/bachelorette parties, then the rehearsal, wedding, reception and honeymoon - we have only one left and then we are DONE with wedding (if I sound super duper thrilled about that DONE part - it's because I am). We're having a party to celebrate the wedding with all our friends from St. Louis who couldn't make the wedding - and those that did too. We rented a historical house, hired a bartender, bought a TON of booze (we expected to have a ton left over from the wedding but I guess we had some good drinkers there because we came back with hardly anything), got some grub, and are having a PARTY. I'm quite excited to get to celebrate with all our friends here - they mean a lot to us. Yipee!! I'll post pictures!
Tomorrow is FRIDAY!

No comments: