Friday, May 25, 2007

Modern Miracle.

Seriously. No kidding. For the first time since we moved our stuff into our house (about 2 years ago), the entire house is clean. Wow. This is seriously a modern miracle. The entire house! You may think "Oh my Gawd! How can you never have a clean house in TWO YEARS?!" Well, to be fair the only reason the entire house was never clean at one time was the "junk room" aka our spare room. Since the day we moved in the spare room is where we've collected junk, deposited things we didn't have place for and just generally shoved things when guests were coming. So the rest of the house has been clean before, but never at the same time as that room. Well, when Cody went to Detroit a few weekends ago I decided we had to do something about that room so I literally spent an entire weekend - and then most of the next week - cleaning out and organizing that room. So then that room was done but the rest of the house was a wreck from all the stuff I emptied from that room. So this week I have seriously come home from work every day and worked non-stop cleaning the rest of the house. The living room, boy room, boy bathroom, dining room, kitchen (twice - I cleaned it once but then in the intervening days of cleaning other rooms it got messy again so I had to clean it again) and then I moved upstairs to the spare room, bathroom and our bedroom! And POOF, it's done! I did a little bit on the basement, but that's an entire week's project in itself. :) It's nice to finally have a place for everything - for the first time. Everything now officially has a "home" - now let's see how long we can keep it that way - my guess is about 8 hours (so about 30 minutes after we wake up).

1 comment:

Jon said...

It's amazing how sometimes you just hit a breaking point, and have to clean. You'd have to ask my wife about that; it only happens to me once, twice a year tops.