Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Have you seen my camera?

Has my camera been in your face lately? If so, there are likely pictures of you now on the internet - my internet, but still the internet. Yeah, I'm copping out for the moment and uploading pictures to my super cool picasaweb page instead of taking the time to upload them to my acutal website (which I still swear I will update when I get a few seconds of free time). Call it convenience (which without the help of spellcheck I would NEVER be able to spell) or laziness, but it's the state of my world right now. Speaking of my world, people wonder why I'm busy - here's how:
6 am: Wake up because Cody wanted to go to work early
6 am - 7 am: Clean house because I found I was too weak to work out in the morning - I am NOT a morning person
7 -7.30 am: Get ready for work
8 am: Arrive at work.
6 pm: Leave work.
6:30-7:30 pm: Work out - run 5.65 miles.
7:30 - 10:30 pm: Run errands - Sports Authority (returns), Container Store (returns), Bed Bath and Beyond (exchange broken lotion dispenser, buy canvas box thing and clothes hanger storage thing), Target (returns and look at shoes - need some flats for work), Wal-Mart (I know I swear I would never go back again but I had too much cheap stuff to buy - laundry soap, fabric softner, cat litter, cat food, tissues, granola bars, condolence cards (my Aunt Dorothy died), etc.), Grocery Store (apples, salad dressing, sandwich meat, produce (we were out), bread, yogurt).
10:30 - 11:15 pm: Put together package for really really good friend's wedding that I am going to have to miss very regretably
11:15- now: check email, no time to respond to it; write email confirming friend's parents' address to mail above mentioned package
now - whenever: finish putting up groceries and Wal-Mart stuff, bathe (since I haven't since I worked out HOURS ago - smelly Missy), possibly read a few pages of Harry Potter before nodding off

p.s. I do take time to smell the roses. I've been told by at least 3 people recently that I need to smell the roses. First, I'm not the hugest fan of roses - they're not THAT pretty and they're overpriced. But were we to assume there are these metaphorical roses that for some reason I "needed" to smell, my response would be:
Not only do I smell the roses in life, but I go to the store, find the prettiest roses I can find, buy it, bring it home, dig it a nice big hole, plant the damn roses, fertilize and water the roses, prune them as they grow, pick off their annoying thorns, take hundreds of pictures of said roses, pick them when they bloom, bring them inside, find a nice vase for them, put them in water (changing it daily of course to make them last), and smell them until they die and I go get more off the bush, then when they're all gone, I prune again for the winter so they will grow back pretty next year too. In summary, I'm not built to just sit and stare at some damn plant and smell it (plus I'm likely allergic to it as I am everything else in STL right now) - I not only take time to smell the roses but am intricately involved in all the details of those roses that others who may just sit and smell them might never even know about - I bet they never even knew how those thorns magically disappeared (because I cut them off) or why there are so many blooms (because I watered and fertilized weekly).
So there's my tirade on people telling me to stop and smell some stupid roses. :) Take care everyone! :)

No comments: