Monday, January 22, 2007

Girls Night Rocks!

I guess my last post was Wednesday so I'll catch up from there. Thursday was soccer. Cody had to play goalie because our goalie was out and he'd been sick so he didn't want to do a lot of running around. The team we played was alright but not spectacular - but we still lost 8-2. Such is life. I actually had two shots on goal (very rare for me) but both of them went right into their goalie's hands.
Friday rocked! A few girls and I decided to get together and have a girl's night - just us girls hanging out. It was quite convenient as Cody was also having Poker Night - which while technically isn't strictly boys, I don't think a girl has ever shown up. Anyway, for our evening of fun, we started at P.F. Changs. For those of you without such a restaraunt (hello Tallahassee people), it's a "China Bistro." What that means I don't know, but the place is insanely crowded, they serve typical Chineese fare, but no one that works there is actually Chineese, albeit quite good. I don't think I've ever been to a "Chineese restaraunt" where no one is actually Chineese so that was a first. They even have an item on the menu something like "Vegatable Fun" - does that sound Chineese? Anyway, we had a great time chatting and eating.
Then we moved on to the Chocolate Bar - it just sounds like girl heaven, doesn't it? Well it is. Everything on the menu is chocolate chocolate and more chocolate - chocolate martinis, chocolate coffee, chocolate soup, chocolate sundaes, brownies, banana splits, mousse - anything you can think of making with chocolate they had it - not kidding. It was fabulous. I had some warm chocolate thing with vodka, but it turned out more vodka then anything else. Everyone else had fabulous desserts. We sat outside on the heated patio and had a great time talking for hours and hours. The waiter probably hated us because between the four of us we spent less then $30 and we took the table for probably four hours, but sorry buddy, we were having a great time.
It was really nice to go hang out with girls and get to just chit chat. We are all about the same age, but come from such amazingly different backgrounds. It's so much fun to hear about how others grew up and how they lived there lives and how that effects our families as adults (some fledgling and some not so new). We are all lawyers but all got into law different ways and for different reasons. And everyone brought something different to the table. For instance, I had an amazing time learning all about European royals and how titles pass down and all about Queen Elizabeth and her family and who is related to who. It was great - even though I took AP European History, I learned nothing in that year long course and learned more during that conversation then I ever did in school. So much so that I want to go buy books on American History, European History and Religion. I could literally sit for weeks and learn from those girls and still not learn half of what they bring to the table. There is so much knowledge out there and it's so nice to get out, talk to other people, who know other stuff, and learn fun new things. Anyway, I had a fabulous time and can't wait to do it again.

No comments: