Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

Yeah, yeah, it's the second already. I know. As usual, we're late on everything - even The New Year. Technically I suppose it started yesterday, but we spent the entire day driving so we didn't get to do any of the New Year things until today - like make resolutions or eat the requisite New Years' meal. Meal? Yes, black-eyed peas, cabbage, and ham (it's supposed to be hog jowl I think but 1) I don't know what it is and 2) it doesn't sound good or healthy so we substitute ham instead). I believe it's either a Southern or Irish thing and since I'm both, I've had to eat it every New Years' my entire life. Cody is neither so he's never had to partake in the tradition - until we moved in together and I force him through it every year. :) Supposedly the cabbage is for money and the peas are for luck and the meat is for health or something like that. So we had that for dinner tonight, late as usual since it's now the 2nd, but hopefully it was enough to appease the Southern/Irish deity in charge of those things. :)

So much more to write - about the trip, life, resolutions, etc. - but it will all have to wait as I must get some sleep tonight so I can drive (safely) to Columbia in the morning.

Happy New Year to everyone!

No comments: