Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Why Old Navy is Stupid

Okay, they're not usually stupid - I really like this store - just ask Cody about my credit card there. :) Cheap, relatively classic stuff, if you stay away from the uber trendy items. Anyway, so I go in there tonight because I have some free time (okay, I'm lying I really didn't have free time I was just avoiding all the things I REALLY need to do by going shopping - is that wrong?) and Cody was skiing at Hidden Valley (yes, Missouri really does have a ski "resort" - it's basically a man-made mountain of ice so I refuse to "ski" (meaning, slide down the mountain of ice out of control) there) so he wouldn't get on me about spending money at Old Navy instead of saving it for the all consuming wedding. Anyway, they have an ENTIRE wall of flip-flops! Let me add that it is about 17 degrees outside and SNOWING! Yes, it's snowing outside and Old Navy is trying to sell me flip-flops. I can see this in Florida where spring is probably only 2 weeks away - but we live in MISSOURI!! Spring doesn't really come here until mid-May (it snowed during my half marathon last year in April)! Anyway, a funny little tidbit from my shopping adventure. Oh, and I didn't spend much money - tank tops for working out and some cute t-shirt type things that I may be able to get away with wearing to work.

No comments: