Wednesday, January 31, 2007

We Did It!!

FINALLY!! We finally picked AND ordered invitations!! Those who don't understand our huge problems with decisions (read: Missy's huge problems with decisions), just don't understand how horrible this was for us. Hense the reason we STILL don't have bridesmaid dresses, tuxes, real wedding colors, or just about anything that requires a fashion/decorative decision. Anyway, we finally picked one we liked and then sat down to order them. Simple process you would think. Well, think again! First there was the invitation: Should we put "Together with their parents, Missy and Cody . . . ." or "Missy and Cody, together with their parents. . . ." Then there was the wording - oh, holy cow we had to have looked at hundreds of possible wordings from the ridiculously overdone religious to the downright silly to plain bad taste. Then there was the time - what time do we start this damn thing? No clue how to even start down that road - so we didn't - we called for help - Cody's mom pretty much walked us through the timing thing - from when we should have the wedding to how long things will take to what time we should list for the cocktail (thanks to her also for noticing that I spelled cocktail wrong on the reception card) hour and dinner. Then there was the decision as to whether to put the address to the garden we're marrying at. Then we were done with invitiations - a good 1.5 hours later. Then it was on to the reception cards - more wording, more timing, more decisions. Then finally the reply cards - okay, those we're that terribly hard wording wise, but we looking for a good hour on the internet trying to find out the "proper" time to give people to respond and how far in advance we should get the RSVPs back - never did find it - so we just made up a date. By the way, anyone who doesn't return the reply cards that I put a stamp on for them, I will personally hunt down and beat. Love you too. :)
So yes, we now have invitations. They should go out next week but we'll see how long it takes to get them back from the printer, gather the addresses, and then writing them out. Fun fun. We're moving towards making more decisions!! Good thing deciding to get married wasn't this hard or we'd never be walking down the isle (oh, yeah, never mind - it did take us forever - somewhere between 7 and 10 years). :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am replying to your blog because it's 11 at night and I have NOTHING else to do (actually, plenty of things I would rather not be doing! Not to mention that I should be sleeping, but no, I stay up making a feeble attempt to "accomplish" something on my to-do list . . . but I digress). Anyway, despite your frustrations over the invitations, you're doing great if you managed to get all the wording stuff and timing stuff all worked out in a matter of hours. When I ordered my invitations, I already knew the times, and the basic wording I wanted, and I'm pretty sure it took me several days of several hours to actually put the order in. Also, you're doing great if you actually managed to get all the stamps on all the reply cards--unlike me, who noticed after most of the invitations were sealed that I had extra stamps--yep, somehow I had managed to not put stamps on a rather large number of the reply envelopes. So don't feel bad; sounds like you're managing to get a lot done!

missy said...

If by "managing to get a lot done" you mean, "pull a lot of my hair out," then yup, I'm getting a ton done!!! :) Did I mention how much I can't WAIT for this to be OVER?!?! Good thing I love Cody or else I don't know if I could put up with all this planning. :)

missy said...

If by "managing to get a lot done" you mean, "pull a lot of my hair out," then yup, I'm getting a ton done!!! :) Did I mention how much I can't WAIT for this to be OVER?!?! Good thing I love Cody or else I don't know if I could put up with all this planning. :)