Monday, January 15, 2007

Slumber Party

What a weekend - we had a slumber party! Unfortunately this one came out of the "winter ice storm" and not some ingenious planning we can call our own, but it was fun nonetheless. Cody's friend, Dude, and his brother, wife and two kids (ages 18 months and 2 months) all lost power in the "winter storm," which luckily this time we were able to avoid most of and keep our power for once. So we invited them all over and had a slumber party of sorts. It couldn't have been more fun if we had actuall planned it ahead of time! We had a wonderful time hanging out with the kids, playing games and watching TV. The kids were just wonderful - especially given that they were out of their element and in a strange house with strange people. I even got to make food for people which is always fun because cooking for two just gets old sometimes. Unfortunately we tried to make little pizzas on Saturday night and ran out of cheese so we were using sliced cheese and string cheese on some of the pizzas. :) Sunday I got to make my enchilladas that I really love but that Cody hates, so I never get to make them. :) All in all it was a great time hanging out with everyone, even if it was under such crummy circumstances.

In other news, I also painted our downstairs bathroom (otherwise known as the "Boy Bathroom") today. I wanted to get the rest of the downstairs finished before our party on the 27th for Cody's birthday. The room isn't too big but what a pain to paint - taking down all the fixtures, the mirror, the lights, the towel rods, and then taking apart the toilet to paint behind it - yes, I became intimately familiar with our toilet today - fun. :) Oh yeah, I had the day off work - Cody still had to go in (cry me a river Boeing people- you get 7 free days at Christmas time!) so that was my project - paint paint and more paint.

No comments: