Sunday, August 20, 2006

Cardinal Sin

Since I've been told my blogs are too long, I'm going to break this one into several installments. The first is our adventure in Wal-Mart today.
First one of my biggest pet peaves, when it comes to myself, is making the same mistake twice, or three times or even more. I have no idea why I tend to do something stupid and then months later think it's a great idea and won't be stupid this time. Yeah right. Anyway, case in point - going to Wal-Mart on a Sunday evening.
I would love to get all my errands done on the weekdays. Every week I say I am going to save the fun stuff for the weekend and do all the tedious errands during the week. But sure enough, every week we end up at Wal-Mart Sunday afternoon, after Cody's soccer game. The Wal-Mart we got to is horrible on Sundays. It's packed, they're totally out of everything I ever need and it's just a stupid madhouse. But once, a while ago, we didn't make it there until the evening, not the afternoon as usual - it was 10 times worse. Absolutely horrible and I vowed never to do it again. I also vowed last year never to shop at Wal-Mart in late August/early September because of the insane "back to school" shoppers. I hate back to school shoppers.
Anyway, today Cody's team played their second playoff game, won, and then had to play in the Championship Game. Good news is they won the Championship for the first time, bad news was that put us leaving soccer later and thus getting to Wal-Mart around 7 or 7:30. It was miserable. The play was a wreck. They were out of most of the items on my list (yes, I'm a dork and go to the grocery store and Wal-Mart with a list), including fish filters, cat litter, toilet paper (the brand I like at least), the soap I like, etc. So, I committed my Cardinal Sin of making the same mistake twice (or more) - I should have known better then to go to Wal-Mart Sunday evening. Never again. And if I have to then I'm going to the one in Kirkwood and not in Brentwood (for all you STL people you'll get why).
On a less frustrating note, we went to Target afterwards and it was an amazingly peaceful experience. Plus they have this super cute gray pinstriped suit for $70. Unfortunately I left my giftcards at home and will have to go back - hopefully when Mommy visits this week - and try it on.
Congrats to Cody's soccer team, Tap This, for being the Champions in the Budsports Co-Ed Soccer League! Great job!

No comments: