Sunday, August 20, 2006

Our First Nice Dinner

Cody and I are kind of weird when it comes to eating out. We typically don't go out to eat a lot and when we do we like good food (not fancy but relatively good for you -I'm pretty picky about what I eat out) but aren't really into fancy stuff. Our favorite restaurants are Crazy Bowls and Wraps, Subway and Bandana's (it's southern BBQ). Cody loves BW3 (Buffalo Wild Wings now, I think), but there's really nothing I like to eat there. Our average restaurant bill is probably around $20. We're usually just not into spending a ton of money on going out to eat. Going out with friends to bars, is another story, as we can drop quite a bit of money there. Anyway, the last "nice" restaurant we probably ate at was Anthony's in Tallahassee where he took me for Senior Prom in high school. He took me to a nice place here when I was up visiting but they served pizza which knocks it off my list of "nice" places. :)
Anyway, we've been trying to get together with some old friends for quite some time and finally all found a date we were free - Friday. Someone wanted to try a new place in the Central West End - Savor. I was quite excited to get to eat somewhere different and nice. We got their early for the drink specials - two for one wine pours and $5 martinis. I got a great Reisling from the Mosul river area in Germany (I'm a HUGE fan of German wine - sure, their beer is fine, but their wine is fabulous!) and Cody got a regular Martini (with Tanqueray). Cody, of course, liked the martini because it was almost pure booze, I thought it was one of the grossest things ever. I took a sip and then rubbed my tounge to try to get the taste off. :) Anyway, after drinks was dinner. I got an AMAZING salmon with a crap stuffing stop and Cody got some kind of pork thing with great mashed potatoes (but of course they didn't call them "mashed potatotes" they called them something much more fancy but that's what they were). I really enjoyed it. It was great to see our friends - they were two couples we used to see a lot more but just with life being busy we haven't gotten to see as much. We got to talk a lot about weddings since one couple is getting married in March, us in April and the third in May. Of course the other two girls have already found their dresses, but not me! It was a really great time. We did spend more on dinner then I think we ever have before (we did order a bottle of wine too with dinner), but I think one in a while, it's worth it. Now if we went every weekend and spent a ton of money on dinner I think we would have problems, but every now and then it's nice to go somewhere insanely nice and fancy and share good food with good friends.

No comments: