Thursday, August 31, 2006

I finally made up my mind . . .

No - not about a dress. About running a marathon this fall. You see, for some retarded reason, unknown to even myself, I have always wanted to run a marathon. Why someone would want to put themselves through that I have no idea. Then I started running half marathons. Since moving to STL I've done two and have another one in a few weeks with Marissa (it's September 17th if anyone wants to know - it's in St. Charles if you want to come cheer us on). Then I talked to my friend Kari in April (she ran the New York Marathon!!! How cool is that?!?!?) and she got me really excited about i. Then decided I wanted to run it before I got married.

Well, I was going to the Chicago Marathon in October but I wanted to wait until we got back from Germany to sign up because I wanted to see how my stress fractures in my shins cleared up. Well, they're doing decent, but the Chicago Marathon is full. So, on to find another. After a lot of running to see how my shins are doing and a lot of internet searching, I have finally decided to do the Memphis Marathon on December 2nd. I hope it won't be too cold then and I won't be miserable for the race and I hope the training runs aren't too cold either, but if I want to do it, now's the time. Now that I've made up my mind and am not waivering around anymore I am getting really excited! I can't wait for the half to be over so I can really start training for the marathon! Don't worry - I'm sure I'll keep everyone posted. :) If I like it I think I'll do the Nashville one in April (after the wedding). Sounds fun, right? Yeah, right!

No comments: