Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Peace.

I'm writing earlier then normal tonight because Cody is coming home soon and we're going to watch a movie (a rarity in our house as we never ever have time for such things) and hang out (another rarity lately with his work and social schedule and my always seemingly conflicting social schedule). But as I was about to take a shower, snacking on graham crackers and Neutella (thanks again Germans for the Neutella - wonderfully delicious!), I realized that amid all this craziness in our lives - work, the house, working out, friends - there really are moments of peace sometimes. They often don't last long (the cat jumped on the counter trying to eat my Neutella, ruining my peaceful moment) as we move to another task or event, but it's nice to know they're out there when you need them.
In other events, it's the kitties birthday's today. They were all born right around four years ago. I got them four or five weeks later, when they were just little bitty things. I told everyone at work today they were all related and no one belived me (Bumpis, the fat one, looks nothing like Wiggles, the skinny co-dependent kitty, or Mr. Pickles for that matter), until I explained that the vet told me that one cat can have a litter of kittens with different dads. I guess the kitties mommy was a little hussy. And Tubby's (aka Bumpis) dad must have been really fat and fluffy. Thinking they are four years old makes me think of four years ago. I had just come back from a whirlwind summer in Europe. Amazing trip - did a lot of thinking and growing up. I also decided to swear off boys forever. I was single and planned to stay that way forever (sort of like saying "I'm never going to drink again" after a long night out with Jose Quervo). So I decided I might want a cat. That thought of possibly getting one cat (to which I am deathly allergic) one day in the future ended up being three kittens. Yeah, I'm a sucker for "They were abandoned. If no one adopts them then they will be put to sleep. One cat will need a playmate while you're in school/work all day. But you wouldn't want to break up a set of three sisters would you? They should stay together." Alas, three cats and four years later I sit here writing about their birthday. So, happy birthday furballs! May you live many more years tormenting Cody (he *swears* he hates the cats - but loves them more then he'll ever admit - proof? See "Mr. Pickles Page" on the website) and making my eyes itch!

No comments: