Monday, August 14, 2006

Palpable Happiness

Wow - I get a new computer and I go blog crazy. One more for good measure - a quick update. This past week was crazy busy, as they usually go for us. I worked my butt off redoing our dining room and Cody had to work a lot of extra time at work. I got the entire chair rail up, nailed in, caulked and painted all by myself. All I really have left to do in the dining room is paint one section of the chair rail and one coat of paint on the doorway leading to the living room. Yippe! Another project almost done!!
Saturday we had the SEC Softball Tournament with the Gator Club. Cody played on the team, after not playing softball/baseball for about 10 years. He was actually quite good - being a natural athlete and all. After the tourney (which the Gators won I might add), we headed to Greg's pool party. More fun in the sun! Saturday night we headed downtown for the LIVE concert at Live on the Levee. Yes, we've seen them in concert quite a few times before, but as usual, it was a great show. There's just soemthing about seeing that band in concert that is just really amazing and moving. They do a really great show and it really gets the crowd moving. After the show we watched the always wonderful firework showcase. Sometimes happiness is practically palpable.
Sunday Cody's soccer team had the first game of their playoffs. It was a hard fought victory, but a victory nonetheless. Great job guys! Now they play next week for the Bud Sports championship! The rest of the day we ran errands, did chores, etc.
Today I went wedding dress shopping . . . . again. Still no luck. I think I'm destined never to find "the one" and just have to settle on something that looks decent. We'll have to see once my mom comes up. After dress shopping, Marissa and I ran 7 miles in preparation for the half marathon next month. Getting closer . . .

No comments: