Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Crisis #2 Solved - Maybe.

If you're sick and tired of reading wedding crap feel free to stop here - I promise one day (hopefully soon) I will come out of my wedding cocoon, it will all be over and I can go back to what semblance of a normal life I had "before." So - on to today's wedding crap. :)
As everyone who I've even remotely come in contact with lately knows, I tried on my wedding dress (yes, the one I spent all that money on and waiting all that time for - even after paying even more money for a "rush" - apparently "rush" just means that they'll ship your dress on a relatively healthy donkey rather then sickly mule) on Saturday and it was huge! Saying I was dissappointed and upset would be an understatement. I just knew that I was doomed to wear an ill-fitting dress that I hated. So today I had my first fitting with the seamstress. Well, Ms. Seamstress found it insane how big the dress it - I need 3 or more inches taken in, just in the bust (yeah, I have small boobs but that's still a lot of fabric), not to mention almost 2 inches all the way the sides. Anyway, Dress Shop agreed to pay for the alterations for talking me into the bigger size and to pay for the custom hem to be fixed because it was long and they assumed they measured me wrong. So they pinned me up and we discussed what would be done to basically rework this entire dress - I was, of course, crazy nervous because you never know what's going to happen to a dress once someone starts cutting at it - especially this drastically (I'm also having them take it from an A-line to more of a sheath - basically redesigning the dress). And then Dress Shop Lady decided to double check and make sure the company was right in their length. Sure enough the dress was over an inch longer then they had specified. So Dress Shop Lady called Dress Company and complained. Well, this worked great for all of us. Dress Shop is going to send my dress back to Dress Company, they are going to check to make sure they messed up the hem and because it's a custom hem, they will make a new dress. WELL, while they are already making me a new dress, Dress Shop Lady asked if they could go ahead and make it in the smaller, correct size. Dress Company said that would be fine but needed to confirm with Dress Company Production Person. So tomorrow Dress Shop and Dress Company will pow-wow and figure it all out but we're thinking they are just going to make me a whole new dress, in the right size with the right hem. And it works out for everyone (except maybe Dress Company) - Dress Shop doesn't feel like I'm screwing them out of money because they were going to pay for the alterations (Company is sending a free new dress) and I don't feel like my whole dress is going to have to be redone and that Dress Shop totally messed up my world! Everyone wins and the world is back on it's correct axis.
So, I'm holding my breath for tomorrow - hoping and hoping that Production Person will agree to just make a whole new dress (with correct hem that they messed up) and while they're at it, make it smaller too. :) The only problem is I HAVE to fit into this dress when it comes in since I'll have so little time. Absolutely it MUST fit - so I pretty much can't eat between now and then. Just kidding. But I will have to keep up my normal work-out routine and not slack as things get busy and really really watch what I eat - no more munching on the favor candy or those "please make this all go away" glasses of wine! :)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Yeah! I hope all turns out well!