Sunday, February 11, 2007

Thanks to Everyone - and My Invitations

Sometimes when you're at a really low point in life (case in point, the last post), you realize how great your friends and family are. Last Friday I was feeling AWFUL - seriously awful. I went to work (late) and sat in my office with the door closed until lunch, at which time I came out, ate with pals and then retreated back to said office. I did zero work that morning - seriously zero - I didn't even open my time keeping program on my computer. What I did do, however is realize how great people can be in a time of seeming crisis. My aunt for instance. Wonderful wonderful wonderful. Helped me realize that some things in life you can't change and those people you can't change and you just have to move forward with life like that. Then my grandma - talked to her for a while too - wonderful lady. Grandma's always have a way of making you feel better, but especially my grandma. Then there are my friends - I couldn't have made it through without you guys - thanks for listening to me whine and cry and bitch and moan. :) Then I got home and got to talk to Cody's mom and then today his sister - I could not ask for better future in-laws. I hope to some degree everyone feels "lucky" when they find the person they will marry - well I got doubly "lucky" - I found a great guy and he comes with an amazing set of family. Again, they know just how to make things better - they're rational (this is not always a given when dealing with family) and just so caring and understanding. So thanks to everyone for your kind words, for listening and being there for me. You'll never know how much it means to me.

And then thanks to the invitation company. My invitations got here on Friday and that instantly cheered me up a bit. I love paper products. Seriously love them. Most people dread addressing all those envelopes and hire someone to do it for them - I couldn't dare - I love addressing envelopes - I love putting the enclosures together and even putting on the stamps. I seriously love it. :) So we set up a whole assembly line process - I wrote the addresses and names, Cody stuffed the envelopes and we tried to get the cats to do the licking of the envelopes but they weren't being too coorperative so we got a sponge for that (I heard each envelope is 2 calories so that's over 200 calories just in envelope gum - that's half way to a Snickers bar).

Anyway, life is looking up. Hopefully the family situation will work itself out one way or the other. I think I've got a pretty good solution that works for everyone but not sure if they see it that way yet - hopefully in time. As for me being hurt, I'm not sure when to expect that to go away. Hopefully time will work that out as well. But in the meantime, I'm going to enjoy the rest of this wedding process - only 8 weeks to go - and be thankful I have such great people in my life to fall onto when trouble hits. Thanks everyone!

No comments: