Sunday, February 18, 2007

Some Days Are Just Wonderful

Friday, that is. Friday was one of those days that we wish we could have more often, though if they came more often, they wouldn't be special. Wonderful days are often hard to come by around here in the winter, mostly because most of what usually makes a day wonderful for me usually involves being outside at some point - which I guess Friday did in a way.
Anyway, Friday was relatively low key at work - not too much going on. I was dead tired so I even managed to sneak in a nap in the afternoon (trying not to drool on any important files) - I sure hope my boss doesn't read this. :) Then I managed to slip out early and go home to work out. Cody was at a happy hour across town that I didn't want to drive to - so I had some good me time, working out and catching up on Gray's Anatomy (online for free w/ no commercials). About the time the show was over, he and Dude came over and we all headed up for drinks at Nick's - a cool pub/bar up the street. We hung out there with some friends until my friend and her friend from out of town came and picked me up. The girls and I went to a place called The Chocolate Bar - a fun, trendy place that serves a lot of chocolate. I had a great time hanging out and meeting the out-of-town friend. When we were done there, they had to go pick up more friends from the airport so I went back to Nick's and hung out. By the time things were winding down there the snow had really picked up, so we went back to the house, gathered all the clothes we could and our sledding gear and went sledding at Art Hill. What a blast! Cody hit the hay bales at the bottom so hard his hat flew about 3 feet away. I hit them so hard I think I have a permanent bruise on my butt. :) Needless to say it was a blast playing in the snow and sledding down the massive hill of snow/ice.
It was a good day.

No comments: