Thursday, February 15, 2007

Crisis Solved.

Not the other crisis I wrote about tonight (I'm a writing fiend) - a much more immediate, less emotional crisis. Somehow yesterday I managed to break our space heater so last night we had no space heater in our bedroom. Most people would say "cry me a river" but you don't live with Cody. The kid seriously turns the thermostat down to 58 at night in the rest of the house and we close our bedroom door, crank the space heater and get it up to 70. It's much cheaper to just heat our one room since that's the only one we're going to be in for the next 6-8 hours. Plus it's so hard to heat a very old, very drafty, two story house (three when you count the Dungeon of Cold, aka the basement), to a decent temperature when it's EIGHT (yes, 8) degrees outside!!! Our wind chill when we go to work in the morning is forecast to be around -1. Yes, that's one degree BELOW zero. That's cold. So back to the story, the space heater is needed because I like to sleep without fear of frostbite and Cody, reasonably, won't let me turn the heater to 70 at night - actually never - 65 is about as good as I'll get around here - his response to my incessant whining? "You wear a hat and coat outside, why can't you wear it inside too?" BECAUSE I'M INSIDE! Oh well, soon it will be summer and the tables will turn - he will be begging to turn the air on and I'll say, "You manage fine outside, do that inside."
Oh yeah, Cody, the electrical genius he is, took apart our space heater (I was scared to death he was going to electricute himself or burn the house down or both) and got it fixed. No clue what was wrong, I don't really care, all I know is I'm warm again in my bedroom! Reason #482 to keep him around. And he got me weights for Valentine's Day and that's just cool. :)
Good night all! Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day, whatever your mode or method of celebration.

No comments: