Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Round Two.

Why do we let the same people hurt us over and over again in life? How can seemingly smart people be so naive and dumb and gullable sometimes? I just don't get it. I don't know how I got so dumb. I guess I was dropped on my head as a kid - multiple times. I have this thing about always thinking people will present their best selves - always. Not only is that not possible for anyone, but when people have a pattern of behavior, I continue to believe that pattern will magically change and that the last time the destructive/mean/etc. behavior came out it was the last time. But things in life aren't so peaches and sunshine I suppose. People continue to hurt you and let you down. Which on one hand is life, on the other it probably shouldn't continue to hurt this bad.
So, yeah, this dates back to super long whiny post of last week. Same person. New situation. This time trying to get to me just another way. I continue to know this person has the propensity, if not the purpose, to hurt me and I continue to just open myself up to it. I think I'm just stupid. I continue to think they are done with this insane mission to hurt me and then low and behold, I'm wrong again. I'm one of those people that once I put a wall up it would take an earthquake to get it down, not to say it can't happen - but if you push me to that point, it's not pretty. And I don't want to be like that. I don't want to be putting up any walls, but on the other hand I'm sick and tired of being so sick and tired (how cliche). I can't deal with having my world turned upside down every time this person decides they are bored or just want to mess with me. I feel like a pawn in a very violent chess game. The person is apparently upset about something (unknown to me) but instead of dealing with me is now involving others. Enough said.
Add to that I'm super senstive about the wedding and all the emotions that go with that and I'm a stupid wreck. So yeah, I was hung up on for the second time in a week. Note to readers, if you really really want to make me mad, hang up on me. You can bet I won't be calling you back - likely ever. A personal pet peeve of mine. :)

No comments: